CAT and canine homeowners’ high 25 pet peeves embrace the animals stealing meals, howling within the evening and strolling throughout the kitchen counter.
1 / 4 of the 1,000 pet homeowners polled admitted they discover their furry mates irritating, at the very least a number of the time.
Leaving fur and hair in every single place is the third high pet peeveCredit score: Getty
However 82 per cent put the antics right down to their cheeky character, whereas seven in 10 discover their misbehaviour ‘endearing.’
It additionally emerged 59 per cent get pleasure from telling mates when their pets have been as much as no good, together with after they stroll throughout their laptop computer whereas working and begging for meals from the desk.
Different quirky habits included the human-like habits of refusing to exit within the rain and making unusual noises of their sleep.
Helen Skelton, TV presenter and spokesperson for insurance coverage supplier Petplan, which commissioned the analysis, stated: “Like people, pets have sturdy personalities, and for a lot of they’re a key companion and member of the household, particularly in the event that they’ve been by our aspect for some time, like my canine Barney and Spiderman.
“A number of our pet mates have quirky traits, mine are fairly totally different; one is eternally disappearing into the backyard with a shoe and our lab is not any stranger to serving to himself to the fruit bowl both, together with bringing in a particular ‘current’, or pinching sausages from the barbeque.
“Residing on a farm surrounded by animals signifies that humorous antics are a typical prevalence – my canine have been protecting me on my toes since day one, however like another member of the family, that’s simply their character.”
The research additionally discovered 24 per cent have needed to cope with a ‘present’ of stay animals being introduced into the home, whereas 14 per cent have had their buttered toast licked behind their again.
And a fifth have watched in frustration as their pet completely ignored a brand-new toy – and chewed the remainder of the home as a substitute.
Regardless of this, 74 per cent have an excellent relationship with their pet.
UK PETS’ 25 MOST COMMON ANTICS
1. Being sick on the carpet
2. Ready by the door to be set free – then deciding towards it whenever you open the door
3. Leaving fur/hair in every single place
4. Waking you up in the course of the evening
5. Begging for meals whenever you prepare dinner
6. Making unusual sounds of their sleep
7. Refusing to exit within the rain
8. Strolling throughout your laptop computer whenever you’re attempting to work
9. Knocking one thing off a shelf
10. Bringing a stay animal again into the home
11. Stealing meals
12. Howling or meowing in the course of the evening
13. Consistently attempting to get into a cabinet or one other space they don’t have any want to enter
14. Ignoring the toys you obtain and chewing on all the pieces they’re not allowed to as a substitute
15. Stealing meals from the countertop when your again is turned
16. Leaping on you when coated in mud
17. Strolling muddy footprints throughout the kitchen counter
18. Chewing a shoe or slipper
19. Mendacity in your head whenever you’re sleeping
20. Rolling round in fox poo
21. Licking the butter off your toast when your again is turned
22. Deciding they need a stroll late at evening
23. Pulling the cover off you within the morning when they need feeding
24. Utilizing the human rest room
25. Doing a poo in a shoe or a slipper
Whereas eight in 10 consider that even when their pets are a reason behind frustration, they wouldn’t change them in any means.
Helen Skelton, who’s working with Petplan to launch its 2022 Pet Awards, added: “Our ‘pet peeves’ are a part of the rationale why we love of our pets and contemplate them family members – what higher strategy to rejoice our furry mates that getting into them within the awards.”
“With classes equivalent to Rescue and Companion of the 12 months, now could be the time to present our furry mates the popularity they deserve and be in with an opportunity of some wonderful pet-friendly prizes.”