However 82 % put the antics all the way down to their cheeky character, whereas seven in ten discover their misbehaviour “endearing”.
It additionally emerged 59 % take pleasure in telling buddies when their pets have been as much as no good – together with once they stroll throughout their laptop computer whereas working, or beg for meals from the desk.
Different quirky habits included the human-like habits of refusing to exit within the rain, and making unusual noises of their sleep.
Helen Skelton, TV presenter and spokeswoman for insurance coverage supplier Petplan, which commissioned the analysis, stated: “Like people, pets have sturdy personalities, and for a lot of they’re a key companion and member of the household – particularly in the event that they’ve been by our aspect for some time, like my canine Barney and Spiderman.
“A number of our pet buddies have quirky traits, and mine are fairly completely different – one is eternally disappearing into the backyard with a shoe, and our lab is not any stranger to serving to himself to the fruit bowl both, or bringing in a particular “current”, or pinching sausages from the barbeque.
“Dwelling on a farm surrounded by animals implies that humorous antics are a standard prevalence. My canine have been retaining me on my toes since day one, however like some other member of the family, that’s simply their character.”
The examine additionally discovered that one in 4 (24 %) have needed to cope with a “present” of stay animals being introduced into the home, whereas 14 % have had their buttered toast licked behind their again.
And a fifth have watched in frustration as their pet completely ignored a brand-new toy – and chewed the remainder of the home as an alternative.
Regardless of this, three-quarters (74 %) have relationship with their pet – and eight in ten consider that even when their pets are a reason behind frustration, they wouldn’t change them in any manner.
Helen Skelton, who’s working with Petplan to launch its 2022 Pet Awards, added: “Our “pet peeves” are a part of the explanation why we love our pets and take into account them family members.
“What higher technique to rejoice our furry buddies than getting into them within the awards? With classes resembling Rescue and Companion of the 12 months, now’s the time to present our furry buddies the popularity they deserve, and be in with an opportunity of some wonderful pet-friendly prizes.”
UK PETS’ 25 MOST COMMON ANTICS:
- Being sick on the carpet
- Ready by the door to be let loose – then deciding in opposition to it while you open the door
- Leaving fur/hair all over the place
- Waking you up in the course of the night time
- Begging for meals while you prepare dinner
- Making unusual sounds of their sleep
- Refusing to exit within the rain
- Strolling throughout your laptop computer while you’re attempting to work
- Knocking one thing off a shelf
- Bringing a stay animal again into the home
- Stealing meals
- Howling or meowing in the course of the night time
- Continuously attempting to get into a cabinet or one other space they haven’t any want to enter
- Ignoring the toys you acquire and chewing on all the pieces they don’t seem to be allowed to as an alternative
- Stealing meals from the countertop when your again is turned
- Leaping on you when lined in mud
- Strolling muddy footprints throughout the kitchen counter
- Chewing a shoe or slipper
- Mendacity in your head while you’re sleeping
- Rolling round in fox poo
- Licking the butter off your toast when your again is turned
- Deciding they need a stroll late at night time
- Pulling the quilt off you within the morning when they need feeding
- Utilizing the human bathroom
- Doing a poo in a shoe or a slipper